Students who don’t have a car on campus are usually able to find rides with other students, whether to explore San Diego, go shopping, or get to the airport. Students normally walk, bike, or skateboard between campus and student housing.
San Diego also has great public transportation options available. The Escondido Transit Center is located 0.6 miles from campus, and is a hub for both bus and train service. Bus stops are also located near campus and the student apartments.
- View the Breeze 351 and 352 Schedule for frequent service from stops near campus and the student apartments.
- View the Breeze 350 Schedule for frequent service to St Mary's Catholic Church and the North County Fair Mall.
- View the Sprinter light rail Schedule for frequent service from the Escondido Transit Center to Oceanside (the beach).
- In Oceanside, you can connect to the Los Angeles Metrolink with service to downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, and LAX. Or you can connect to the Coaster with service to downtown San Diego.
Bus Route from JPCatholic to San Diego Airport
To get between JPCatholic and the San Diego airport (SAN), you must take two express buses.
- The 235 Express Bus connects the Escondido Transit Center and downtown San Diego.
- Transfer at “Broadway and Kettner” to the 992 Express Bus, which connects downtown San Diego and the airport.
Total Cost: Approx. $6
Travel Time: Approx. 90-120 minutes
Please visit the MTS website and Trip Planner for the most up to date information.See MTS Trip Planner