Current Staff Recruitments
Current academic openings are found at: Academic Positions
Current work study openings are found at: Work Study Positions
Current open staff positions.
JPCatholic is seeking a dynamic, accomplished and mission driven Dean of Student Formation. Your primary responsibility will be to lead and mange our institutional efforts in student formation - both spiritual and human. You will lead our Residential Life and Campus Ministry teams. You will have a deep experience with the spiritual formation of Catholic teens and/or young adults. You will have a strong interest in proactively pursuing fresh, bold and innovative ways to: advance and improve student formation; strengthen our commitment to mission and our Catholic identity; and provide opportunities for students to encounter Christ during their time at JPCatholic. You will have a strong commitment to your Catholic faith - consistently lived and will offer witness to our entire community. You will collaborate with our faculty to integrate the spiritual and human formation with the intellectual formation. You will acutely appreciate the Creative Arts and Business Innovation interests of our student body. You will serve as a member of the President’s cabinet. We seek to recruit staff whose diversity matches the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from those communities.
- At least 5-years of experience in Catholic spiritual and human formation of teens and young adults.
- A graduate degree is required - preferably in Theology and/or Psychology.
- A strong, collaborative and exemplary leadership and management abilities.
- Cultural competence/humility and the ability to lead and thrive in a diverse working environment.
JPCatholic is seeking a dynamic, accomplished and mission driven Chief Development Officer. You will have exemplary leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively across the university to advance our institutional mission. You will have experience across the spectrum of philanthropy and demonstrate a fresh, bold and innovative approach to fundraising. You will be a quick study of our past successes and future opportunities. You will collaborate with our President/Founder, Trustees, and staff to fulfill our 2025 strategic plan’s fundraising goals to ensure our expanding trajectory within the Creative Arts and Business Innovation. You will serve as a member of the President’s cabinet. We seek to recruit staff whose diversity matches the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from those communities.
Professional Requirements Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide leadership for all our fundraising efforts including the creation and execution of a bold, creative, and sustainable institutional development plan to increase our philanthropic revenue
- Enhance our fundraising systems using the moves management process
- Cultivate and manage a major donor portfolio to secure major gifts and grants to advance our mission and sustainability
- Lead a capital campaign
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees to further the institution’s goals
- Lead a team to achieve ambitious objectives, providing strategic vision, leadership and planning to ensure that we meet and surpass our annual fundraising goals.
- Develop relationships with national foundations
- Manage departmental budgeting and reporting
- Develop fundraising materials for use in print and online campaigns
- Work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform other duties to support the organization’s Development function, as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the development field, in positions with increasing responsibility. MBA or JD preferred
- Significant experience with the moves management process and building systems to support its implementation,
- A deep understanding of CRM best practices and strategies in philanthropy, and fluency in social media as a philanthropy tool
- A proven track record in donor identification, qualification, cultivation, conversion, stewardship and retention
- Capital campaign experience
- Experience in leading an enthusiastic and motivated team along with strong team-building, conflict negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills, and strong interpersonal judgment
- Large and small scale event management experience
- Cultural competence/humility and the ability to thrive in a diverse working environment
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in the Creative Arts and Business Innovation.
Please read our campus security report and disclosure information.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at AVelasco@JPCatholic.com or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.