Current Staff Recruitments
Current academic openings are found at: Academic Positions
Current work study openings are found at: Work Study Positions
Current open staff position.
JP Catholic University is now accepting applications for a seasoned, motivated, energetic, and mission-driven Vice President of Philanthropy. You will plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive major gift fundraising activities, and plan and implement a major capital campaign to build-out our 21st century urban campus. You will focus efforts on donors and prospects whose philanthropic capacity is $25,000 and more. You will manage and grow a portfolio of major gift prospects for discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. You should average 15 to 20 face-to-face visits per month, which result in significant progress toward major gifts or the qualification and rating of new prospects. You should average 2 to 4 major gift solicitations per month.
You are a very experienced fundraiser, communicator, and collaborator who understands our unique nature and mission, as well as the Southern California region. You will juggle daily fundraising with the multiple demands of working with donors/prospects, hosting events and arranging individual meetings for the University leadership, building networks of volunteers for active roles in the capital campaign, and documenting your activities on University Philanthropy's database.
As a member of the Presidents Cabinet, you will be work closely with the Board of Trustees. You will be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with young, very bright and energetic peers. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic. Travel is required.
Essential Skills & Duties
- Establish goals and plans that best meet JPCatholic's priorities and are grounded in the realistic assessment of our philanthropic opportunities and potential.
- Plan for and implement a new major capital campaign in support of our strategic plan, including campus expansion, scholarship funding, and academic program support.
- Develop a comprehensive major gifts program to attract funds for capital, endowment, annual, and deferred support.
- Plan for and achieve an accountable and more fully integrated development and institutional advancement program for enduring growth in private support.
- A passionate commitment to our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree - Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business preferred; an Advanced degree and/or professional fundraising certification is desirable.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated success with annual philanthropic revenues of at least $1M, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating major gifts through planned giving instruments.
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving.
- High ethical standards. He/she must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. See details on applying for this position below.
JPCatholic is accepting applications for a Financial Aid Counselor. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills, and have the capacity to assist and counsel prospective and current students in regards to all aid programs. This will include (but is not limited to) Federal aid, institutional aid, Veterans benefits, private loans, private scholarships, and State aid. They will assist in heading institutional compliance and financial literacy efforts. Financial aid requires extensive attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively both with students and their families and internal staff and faculty, while implementing policies and procedures that comply with all necessary regulations.
Example of Duties
- Assist students and their parents with questions regarding the various programs and application processes
- Maintain current information in files and Student Information System
- Assist with financial literacy workshops for current students
- Maintain list of private scholarships
- Certify private loans via ScholarNet
- Certify students to VA
- Assist with IPEDs & Common Data Set reporting
- Assist with internal reporting, as necessary
- Assist in reviewing University Catalog, website and other documentation for consistency and accuracy
- Any other tasks, as assigned
- Institutional Aid:
- Create folders and prepare applications for the Financial Aid Committee
- Create and send award letters to students
- Schedule scholarships for billing
- Title IV Aid:
- Maintain spreadsheet of prospective students and outstanding tasks; follow up to acquire any missing items
- Compile a spreadsheet with rosters and students, follow up with professors for attendance at beginning of quarter or as needed
- Review anticipated disbursement lists to confirm course load, attendance, high school/undergraduate completion, and SAP
- Create and send disbursement notifications when funds are received
- Review required consumer information on an annual basis to ensure meeting regulations
- Send annual disclosure notice to all applicable students, staff, and faculty
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work effectively within Catholic Christian environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of experience in financial aid at a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of Federal and state practices and policies
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: email, phone, in-person meetings, presentations, and other business writing
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and multitask in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Business/Finance/Law
- Three or more years of experience in financial aid at a post-secondary institution
- Spanish fluency (ability to advise students/parents regarding sometimes technical financial aid information)
- Experience with verification and back-office processing for Title IV aid
- Experience with NSLDS enrollment reporting
- Experience administering Cal Grant program
- Experience with Blackbaud Student Information System
Expected Salary Range: $39,000 to $47,000
Exemption Status: Exempt
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in communications media, business, and theology.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at AVelasco@JPCatholic.com or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.