Current Staff Recruitments
Current academic openings are found at: Academic Positions
Current work study openings are found at: Work Study Positions
Current open staff position.
JP Catholic University is now accepting applications for a seasoned, motivated, energetic, and mission-driven Vice President of Philanthropy. You will plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive major gift fundraising activities, and plan and implement a major capital campaign to build-out our 21st century urban campus. You will focus efforts on donors and prospects whose philanthropic capacity is $25,000 and more. You will manage and grow a portfolio of major gift prospects for discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. You should average 15 to 20 face-to-face visits per month, which result in significant progress toward major gifts or the qualification and rating of new prospects. You should average 2 to 4 major gift solicitations per month.
You are a very experienced fundraiser, communicator, and collaborator who understands our unique nature and mission, as well as the Southern California region. You will juggle daily fundraising with the multiple demands of working with donors/prospects, hosting events and arranging individual meetings for the University leadership, building networks of volunteers for active roles in the capital campaign, and documenting your activities on University Philanthropy's database.
As a member of the Presidents Cabinet, you will be work closely with the Board of Trustees. You will be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with young, very bright and energetic peers. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic. Travel is required.
Essential Skills & Duties
- Establish goals and plans that best meet JPCatholic's priorities and are grounded in the realistic assessment of our philanthropic opportunities and potential.
- Plan for and implement a new major capital campaign in support of our strategic plan, including campus expansion, scholarship funding, and academic program support.
- Develop a comprehensive major gifts program to attract funds for capital, endowment, annual, and deferred support.
- Plan for and achieve an accountable and more fully integrated development and institutional advancement program for enduring growth in private support.
- A passionate commitment to our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree - Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business preferred; an Advanced degree and/or professional fundraising certification is desirable.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated success with annual philanthropic revenues of at least $1M, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating major gifts through planned giving instruments.
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving.
- High ethical standards. He/she must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. See details on applying for this position below.
2. Art Director
JPCatholic is accepting applications for an experienced Art Director. He/she will concept, develop, and execute visually stunning designs in support of and in collaboration with our student recruiting team. Responsibilities include: frequent production of digital web and print design pieces for student recruiting, institutional marketing, and brand development and management.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- An excellent eye for detail is essential
- Strong sense of design principles, ability to create a variety of visual styles, and layout skills
- Website content management
- Exceptional conceptual, collaborative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, problem solve and deliver against a tight deadlines.
- Self motivated and able to accomplish task with minimal supervision
- A strong desire to develop and expand professional skill-set
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or related discipline
- 2—5 years of work experience as a designer
- Photography is a plus
Please submit samples of your work and/or online portfolios, along with a resume and salary requirements. The salary will be commensurate with experience. See details on applying for this position below.
JPCatholic is accepting applications for an energetic, mission-driven student recruiter. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and have the capacity to communicate JP Catholic's mission with passion to prospective students, their parents and college counselors. Student recruitment requires extensive phone work, and a proactive dedication to identifying and implementing diverse recruiting and awareness strategies. The ideal candidate must work collaboratively and have a strong work ethic.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- A passionate commitment to JPCatholic's mission.
- Bachelors degree
- Enjoys talking with future students on the phone and sharing their passion for JPCatholic and its mission.
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in listening.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and multitask.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. See details on applying for this position below.
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in communications media, business, and theology.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at AVelasco@JPCatholic.com or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.