JPCatholic seeks a full-time Chair and Professor of Fashion Design to build the university’s new fashion program and academic department. The ideal candidate will have: an entrepreneurial mindset; an extensive knowledge and experience in fashion design; and most importantly a strong commitment to the ethos of the university. A terminal degree (MFA, MBA, or PhD) or its equivalent in fashion design or a closely related field is required.
The program will teach students the history of and contemporary trends across the global fashion industry, its technical underpinnings, and the practical applications. The degree program will prepare future designers to launch their careers in the fashion industry and this will require deep connections with the global fashion industry.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Concept development and innovation expertise as well as broad technical design knowledge. They will understand product development from 2-D concept to 3-D design, and have a proficiency in CAD fashion-design software and production. They will have a broad knowledge of the elements of developing a collection and the creative uses of materials and textiles. Knowledge of the various manufacturing processes is highly desirable.
- A lived commitment to personal and professional integrity. You will have proven leadership skills with the ability to work with, motivate and mentor students and faculty of diverse backgrounds.
- While university-level teaching experience is desirable but not required - you will have a strong desire to teach. The desire to develop and deliver industry relevant and mission aligned curriculum is critical.
- Department administration responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Admission team to recruit talented students to the fashion program.
- Overseeing the annual budget process.
- Scheduling classes, hiring faculty and conducting faculty evaluations through classroom observations, student evaluations, their service and professional development commitments, and their contributions to the department goals.
- Fostering interdepartmental collaboration and enhancing the reputation of JPCatholic.
- Aligning the for the department’s strategic plan with JPCatholic’s overall strategic goals.
JPCatholic is seeking a dynamic, accomplished and mission driven Chief Development Officer. You will have exemplary leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively across the university to advance our institutional mission. You will have experience across the spectrum of philanthropy and demonstrate a fresh, bold and innovative approach to fundraising. You will be a quick study of our past successes and future opportunities. You will collaborate with our President/Founder, Trustees, and staff to fulfill our 2025 strategic plan’s fundraising goals to ensure our expanding trajectory within the Creative Arts and Business Innovation. You will serve as a member of the President’s cabinet. We seek to recruit staff whose diversity matches the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from those communities.
Professional Requirements Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide leadership for all our fundraising efforts including the creation and execution of a bold, creative, and sustainable institutional development plan to increase our philanthropic revenue
- Enhance our fundraising systems using the moves management process
- Cultivate and manage a major donor portfolio to secure major gifts and grants to advance our mission and sustainability
- Lead a capital campaign
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees to further the institution’s goals
- Lead a team to achieve ambitious objectives, providing strategic vision, leadership and planning to ensure that we meet and surpass our annual fundraising goals.
- Develop relationships with national foundations
- Manage departmental budgeting and reporting
- Develop fundraising materials for use in print and online campaigns
- Work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform other duties to support the organization’s Development function, as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the development field, in positions with increasing responsibility. MBA or JD preferred
- Significant experience with the moves management process and building systems to support its implementation,
- A deep understanding of CRM best practices and strategies in philanthropy, and fluency in social media as a philanthropy tool
- A proven track record in donor identification, qualification, cultivation, conversion, stewardship and retention
- Capital campaign experience
- Experience in leading an enthusiastic and motivated team along with strong team-building, conflict negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills, and strong interpersonal judgment
- Large and small scale event management experience
- Cultural competence/humility and the ability to thrive in a diverse working environment
JPCatholic is seeking a dynamic, accomplished and mission driven Director of Institutional Research (IR). You will oversee the design, collection, analysis, and dissemination of relevant institutional data that proactively supports the mission of the JPCatholic. Working collaboratively across the University, the Director promotes the criticality of data in enabling timely, data-informed decision making, as well as providing key insights, analytics, and reports that enhance institutional effectiveness.
Professional Requirements The Director will:
- Institutional Data The Director will:
- Effectively design, collect, analyze, and disseminate relevant institutional data and key performance indicators on enrollment, retention, graduation, recruitment, and assessment.
- Interpret results and identify trends to enable data-driven institutional decisions to align resources with strategic priorities.
- Develop and maintains standard processes for data collection and reporting to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintains a comprehensive data warehouse system to house institutional data and reports.
- Improve existing as well as develop new institutional data collection, analysis, and visualization processes and procedures.
- Create a foundation for predictive data analytics and validation.
- Assessment & Accreditation The Director will:
- Work closely with Chief Academic Officer, Accreditation Liaison Officer, department chairs, and faculty to implement (and continually improve) policies and procedures for evaluating and assessing program learning outcomes across all academic programs, cognizant of the requirements for accreditation and best practices to ensure compliance (e.g. annual assessment reports, assessment of core competencies, learning outcomes, collection of academic program data, etc.).
- Provides support and serve on campus committees to review assessment and, identifies patterns of concern, recommends program and process changes, to help improve the effectiveness of campus assessment efforts and ensures assessment is continuously improving.
- Take a leadership role in all accreditation activities including the preparation of accreditation reports, compliance and managing site visits, etc.
- Provide guidance and support to academic and other departments on the completion of self-study, accreditation, assessment, and program reviews.
- Miscellaneous Data Reporting Needs The Director will:
- Be responsible for the completion of surveys required by external agencies including IPEDS, US News, College Board, and others, as well as for the dissemination of compiled research reports.
- Oversee annual production of JPCatholic Fact Book.
- Respond to and anticipate ad-hoc internal and external requests for data.
- Be responsible for the administration and analysis of student and faculty surveys to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness.
- Conduct regular environmental scans of relevant comparative data sources within the Creative Arts and Business Innovation academic space to identify and understand market trends.
- Maintain currency in the knowledge and techniques of federal and state reporting requirement and the standards of Institutional Research.
- Provide other data as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters in Education, Institutional Research, Quantitative Methods, Statistics, or related field required; Ed.D., JD, MBA, and Ph.D. are welcome to apply
- 3 years experience with administrative IR or related experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, statistics, survey research, analytics, and the use of data and information in institutional research, analysis, and decision-making.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of EXCEL and excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and regional accreditation requirements for the gathering, reporting, and disseminating data from higher education institutions is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership skills along with a demonstrated capability to embrace change, drive strategic initiatives, and to work collaboratively with a broad array of faculty, staff and students.
- Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate complex research and analysis projects, utilizing appropriate statistical methodologies, predictive modeling, survey design, and data visualization.
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative skills, as well as impeccable confidentiality is required.
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in the Creative Arts and Business Innovation.
Please read our campus security report and disclosure information.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.