Current Staff Recruitments
Current academic openings are found at: Academic Positions
Current work study openings are found at: Work Study Positions
Current open staff position.
JP Catholic University is now accepting applications for a seasoned, motivated, energetic, and mission-driven Vice President of Finance, who will oversee all the financial activities for the University to ensure compliance with JPCatholic policy, GAAP, GASB, and other accounting standards such that the financial records are accurate and with integrity. The Vice President of Finance will manage the Finance department and work closely with other University leaders—including the President, other Vice Presidents, and University’s Board of Trustees—to develop consistent financial reporting, analysis and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and oversight for the annual budgeting process.
- Lead and direct the Financial Operations in supporting the financial data and information needs of the President and Trustees for strategic and operational decision-making.
- Prepare financial analyses for new programs and initiatives.
- Direct the year-end closing activities.
- Monitor cash balances, budget balances, and projections to identify potential problem areas.
- Provide oversight for the daily financial operations of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies, and Strengths
- Education: REQUIRED: Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, plus at least 7 years of progressive financial experience in a large complex institution, preferably in Higher Education. At least 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Passion for the mission of JP Catholic and commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment that rewards self-starters.
- Ability to develop and review financial pro-forma and financial statements.
- A commitment to excellence and collaboration with others is critical.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with president, trustees, faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders. >li>Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and under deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance several major projects at the same time while remaining flexible to changing priorities.
- Strategic thinking and implementation skills are required.
- Knowledge of the educational and philosophical landscape in which JP Catholic operates.
- Strong ability to communicate mission and build strong personal relationships with prospective and current major donors.
- Orientation toward achievement, with a great deal of stamina to work hard, and ability to take satisfaction from being productive.
- Strong ability to build new systems of organization in which other employees thrive.
- Ability to mentor and support other development staff members and build a strong relationship-based development culture.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive executive salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package including health, and dental. See details on applying for this position below.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
JPCatholic invites applications for the position of Associate Registrar. The Office of the Registrar services both current students and prospective transfer students. It is the central hub of information at the university, interfacing with students, faculty and staff. The Registrar’s Office is where policies and procedures are implemented and maintains knowledge of university policy, records, and academic regulations.
The Associate Registrar will particularly focus on servicing transfer students, managing articulation agreements, and knowing transfer requirements & regulations. Responsibilities will include managing the transfer process and ensuring a smooth transition for transfer students by meeting individually with incoming transfer students. The position will require a coordinated approach to transfer students by working cooperatively with the Admissions Office.
- Implement the University’s transfer credit policy
- Manage the timely evaluation of transfer credit, including:
- Collaborating with academic departments and faculty
- Communicating with student applicants, communicating with the Admissions department, & answering transfer questions from prospective students
- Manage and generate articulation agreements & transfer pathways with community and other/private colleges where appropriate
- Advise current students on their quarterly schedules and long-term path to graduation
- Acquire a deep understanding of university policy, curriculum, and the student information system (SIS)
- Maintain accurate records both digital (SIS) and physical (student files)
- Assist the Registrar in administrative tasks, including:
- Implementing quarterly tasks in the SIS
- Organizing & filing documents into student files
- Distributing grades, schedules, reports, and other information to both students and faculty
The Associate Registrar will remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred). Important qualities are: significant attention to detail, excellent communication & organizational skills, prioritization & project management skills, a sense for customer service, and being a committed team player.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. See details on applying for this position below.
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in communications media, business, and theology.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at AVelasco@JPCatholic.com or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.