Paying for college can be a daunting task. We are committed to provide assistance to students as they plan how they will cover the cost of their attendance here at JPCatholic; however, financial aid is supplementary to the financial ability and commitment of students and their families.
Eligible prospective students are encouraged to apply for financial aid, and the majority of our students receive institutional assistance. The earlier a student applies, the more likely they are to receive financial help. There are various sources of funds, some of which vary by program. Please see the page appropriate to your program.
* Note: Certificate Students are not eligible for financial aid, with the exception of some private education loans.Financial Aid Online Info Session
Student Rights and Responsibility
The student has the responsibility of completing all applications for aid in a timely manner, and complying with any requests from the University for additional information. If an application is incomplete, it will not be processed; the student may or may not be contacted more than once to request the outstanding information.
Students are responsible for maintaining current contact information with th e University. They will receive many required notices via the email they provide, so it is crucial that students update JPCatholic of any change in their contact information.
The student has a right to accurate information and disclosures. They have the r esponsibility to review, on a periodic basis, the University Catalog, Student Handbook, and other documents provided to be aware of the University policies. A general disclosure notice with all consumer information is sent out once a year via email (paper copies are available upon request), and it is the student’s responsibility to read and understand the information provided.
- Institutional Scholarships: A student has a right to review their award letter; a copy can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office . The student has the responsibility of understanding their renewal requirements.
- Federal Financial Aid (Pell Grant, Direct Loans, FSEOG, and Work Study): Students have the right to disclosures about their aid. They have the responsibility of completing al l applications in a timely manner, maintaining SAP, providing information about all outside aid, and abiding by all provided policies.
- Private Scholarships: Rights and responsibilities are designated by the scholarship fund.
- Private Education Loans: Students have the right to disclosures about their aid (provided by the lenders in the approval process) and notification of disbursement. They have the responsibility of completing all applications in a timely manner, providing information about all outside aid, and abiding by all provided policies.
- Veterans Affairs Benefits: The student has the responsibility of reviewing the University Catalog and Veterans Information Bulletin and understanding all policies relating to Veterans.