COVID-19 Information Center
Last Updated 1/10/2021
Please note that these plans are subject to change; check back regularly to this page for the latest updates.
Winter 2021 Classes Offered in Multiple Formats
JPCatholic’s Winter 2020 classes, beginning on Jan 4th, are offered in multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, and online) – providing flexibility for the variety of our student situations and preferences.
Students are require to self-quarantine for 10-days after out-of-state travel.
- In-Person:Students can meet in-person, socially-distanced and outdoors, on-campus for every class session. Most of these courses are also be available online.
- Hybrid: Some large courses offer both online content and in-person components.
- Online-Only: Some courses, regardless of size, will be delivered exclusively online because of the space considerations imposed by social distancing requirements.
JPCatholic Safe Reopening Plan and Covid-19 Protocols
We continue to closely monitor all federal, state, and county guidelines to ensure our compliance. We have instituted robust protocols for all students, employees, and guests to remain safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols have required a significant investment in testing equipment, sanitation supplies and schedules, new technology enhancements in our outdoor classrooms, and extensive changes and additions to accommodate social distancing.
Additional Information for Students
Students should make sure that their Health Insurance coverage is current and accepted in California.
The federal CARES Act provided money to colleges and universities for emergency student grants. As of December 31, 2020, $170,530 in emergency financial aid grants, under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, has been awarded to 168 students. Of those, 71 were Pell eligible and 97 non-Pell eligible. Read more details on the distribution of funds received.
You can also find more information about the virus from these websites:
Additional Information for Prospective Students
- JPCatholic is unable to offer Overnight Visits at this time. Prospective students are still invited to visit for a campus tour, meeting with admissions, and class visits. Schedule a customized campus visit
- The Admissions office is also offering Virtual Campus Tours to allow families to receive a guided walkthrough of campus online. In addition, they offer Online Faculty Q&A events via Zoom Conferencing.
- Applications are currently open for Spring 2021, Summer 2021, and Fall 2021. Apply now.