COVID-19 Information Center
Last Updated 4/10/2021
Please note that these plans are subject to change; check back regularly to this page for the latest updates.
Spring 2021 Classes Offered in Multiple Formats
Spring quarter 2021, which began on March 29th, offers classes in multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, and online) – providing flexibility for the variety of our student situations and preferences.
Students are require to self-quarantine for 10-days after out-of-state travel.
- In-Person:Students can meet in-person, socially-distanced and outdoors, on-campus for every class session. Most of these courses are also be available online.
- Hybrid: Some large courses offer both online content and in-person components.
- Online-Only: Some courses, regardless of size, will be delivered exclusively online because of the space considerations imposed by social distancing requirements.
JPCatholic Safe Reopening Plan and Covid-19 Protocols
We continue to closely monitor all federal, state, and county guidelines to ensure our compliance. We have instituted robust protocols for all students, employees, and guests to remain safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols have required a significant investment in testing equipment, sanitation supplies and schedules, new technology enhancements in our outdoor classrooms, and extensive changes and additions to accommodate social distancing.
Additional Information for Students
Students should make sure that their Health Insurance coverage is current and accepted in California.
The federal CARES Act provided money to colleges and universities for emergency student grants. On 01/19/2021, the US Department of Education increased the HEERF (Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund) student emergency aid grant award portion in the amount $171,903.00 and increased the Institutional portion grant award in the amount $334,189.
The new CRRSAA grant funds were awarded pursuant to Section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Pub. L. 116-260, and are governed by Section 314 of CRRSAA.
Previous CARES ACT unliquidated (unspent) grant funds awarded previously pursuant to Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Pub. L. 116-136, pursuant to CRRSAA Section 314(d)(2), may be used consistent with the provisions of CRRSAA Section 314(c)(3) for obligations incurred on or after December 27, 2020, subject to the requirements in CRRSAA Section 314(d)(5).
As of March 31, 2021, all $171,903 of the initial CARES funding received was expended in emergency financial aid grants, under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. It was awarded to 168 students. Of those, 71 were Pell eligible and 97 non-Pell eligible.
As of March 31, 2021, $161,066 of the new 01/19/2021 grant award of $171,903 award was expended in emergency financial aid grants awarded to 199 students.
You can also find more information about the virus from these websites:
Additional Information for Prospective Students
- JPCatholic is unable to offer Overnight Visits at this time. Prospective students are still invited to visit for a campus tour, meeting with admissions, and class visits. Schedule a customized campus visit
- The Admissions office is also offering Virtual Campus Tours to allow families to receive a guided walkthrough of campus online. In addition, they offer Online Faculty Q&A events via Zoom Conferencing.
- Applications are currently open for Summer and Fall 2021. Apply now.