COVID-19 Information Center
Last Updated 9/28/2020
Please note that these plans are subject to change; check back regularly to this page for the latest updates.
Fall 2020 Classes Offered in Multiple Formats
Following San Diego County’s removal from the state’s COVID-19 watchlist, on August 22nd, it updated their Public Health Order, allowing Institutions of Higher Education to hold classes in-person provided they are in compliance with California state guidance.
JPCatholic’s Fall 2020 classes, beginning on Sept. 30th, are offered in multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, and online) – providing flexibility for the variety of our student situations and preferences.
- In-Person: Courses with 24 or fewer students will be able to meet in-person on campus for every class session. These courses will also be available online.
- Hybrid Rotation: Courses with 25 or more students will operate on a rotation schedule, where small groups of students take turns between in-person and online participation, rotating on a weekly or hourly basis.
- Online-Only: Some courses, regardless of size, will be delivered exclusively online because of the space considerations imposed by social distancing requirements.
In-person classes may take place indoors or outside, depending on state and county guidelines.
The Department of Education has relaxed its restrictions on distance learning, and we are currently authorized until Dec. 31st, 2020 to offer online education to students out of state. The Department of Education may or may not extend this authorization past Dec. 31st, 2020.
JPCatholic Safe Reopening Plan and Covid-19 Protocols
We continue to closely monitor all federal, state, and county guidelines to ensure we are in compliance as the Fall Quarter progresses. We have instituted robust protocols for all students, employees, and guests to remain safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols required a significant investment in testing equipment, sanitation supplies and schedules, new technology enhancements in our classrooms, and extensive changes and additions to accommodate social distancing.
Additional Information for Current Students
Students should make sure that their Health Insurance coverage is current and accepted in California.
The federal CARES Act provided money to colleges and universities for emergency student grants. As of September 30, 2020, $170,530 in emergency financial aid grants, under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, has been awarded to 168 students. Of those, 71 were Pell eligible and 97 non-Pell eligible. Read more details on the distribution of funds received.
You can also find more information about the virus from these websites:
Additional Information for Prospective Students
- JPCatholic is unable to offer Overnight Visits during Fall Quarter 2020. Prospective students are still invited to visit for a campus tour, meeting with admissions, and class visits. Schedule a customized campus visit
- The Admissions office is also offering Virtual Campus Tours to allow families to receive a guided walkthrough of campus online. In addition, they offer Online Faculty Q&A events via Zoom Conferencing.
- Applications are currently open for Winter 2021, Spring 2021, Summer 2021, and Fall 2021. The $50 application fee and SAT/ACT test requirement will be waived for students who submit the online application by Nov. 1st, 2020. Apply now.