Renter's Insurance Requirement

All residential students are required to submit proof of Renter's Insurance to the University upon move-in to their unit.

While not endorsing them, JPCatholic’s insurance carrier has suggested Lemonade as a user friendly and inexpensive renters insurance option. Please feel free to research other insurance companies, or see if your parent's home insurance may cover rental insurance for you.

Residence Liability Information:

  1. The University requires residential students to obtain their own insurance for losses due to vandalism, theft, fire, smoke, water damage, leakage, flooding, and the like. The University’s insurance policies provide no coverage for a resident’s belongings or vehicles.
  2. Students agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University from any actions, claims, losses, damages, and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys fees that the University may sustain or incur because of the negligence of the resident or any guest or other person living in, occupying, or using the apartment/townhome.
  3. Damages due to sprinkler activation are the resident’s financial responsibility. Residents will also be responsible for damages to neighboring units and their belongings. Please understand the importance of renter’s insurance. Fire sprinklers can provide discounts on insurance premiums.
  4. Park on the property at your own risk. Please lock your vehicle and remove all valuables.