Federal Work Study
Work Study Procedure for Application
- Submit Resume and Cover Letter indicating which position you are applying for to Anna Velasco at email@example.com.
- HR and the position supervisor will determine the top five applications after the application period has closed, and will verify financial need with the Financial Aid Office.
- Students will be given interviews to determine the best fit for the position. If student is not yet on campus, a phone or Skype interview may be arranged.
- Students will be extended an offer of work study employment or notified that they have not received the position. If an offer of work study is made, it will be documented as a Federal aid award.
Things to Know Regarding Work Study
- Work study need is evaluated after all scholarship and grant aid and before all loan aid. Employment in a work study position may reduce your overall loan eligibility.
- Students will be paid via a paycheck, and it is their obligation to use the funds towards their educational expenses (tuition, housing, books, transportation, personal expenses).
- Students may not exceed the number of hours offered to them, and are responsible for tracking their time and submitting timecards in a timely manner for processing.
Work Study Positions Available
- Name of the position: Librarian Assistant
- Name and address of the student’s employer: John Paul the Great Catholic University, 220 West Grand Ave., Escondido, CA 92025
- Department or office in which the student will be employed: Library
- Location where the student will perform his/her duties: Library located in building 155 West Grand Avenue, 2nd floor
- Name of the position supervisor: Melanie Quinn, Librarian
- Purpose/role of the position: To assist the librarian in maintaining the library, checking out books and labeling new additions.
- Duties and responsibilities associated with the position and how they relate to the purpose/role:
- Assist the librarian with maintaining the course reserves section.
- Shelve books, shelf read and shift books to maintain order in the stacks.
- Assist the librarian with copy cataloging and labeling of new books.
- Assist with withdrawal procedures and with keeping the catalog up to date.
- Have an understanding of how the library works and be able to cheerfully assist fellow students in using the library.
- Rate of pay for the position: $14/hour, 5 hours a week
- General qualifications for the position and the specific qualifications for the various levels/rates of pay associated with the position:
- Must be available during Librarian work hours, Tuesday and/or Thursday between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Must bring a laptop.
- Must be conscientious and self-starting, with good and consistent attention to detail.
- Able to handle several projects at once and have good time management skills.
- Accuracy with alpha/numeric sequences.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Able to maneuver fully loaded book carts and perform tasks that involve lifting, reaching, grasping, stepping up and down, and kneeling.
- Must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
- The length of the student’s employment: Summer Quarter (6/21-8/27)
- Procedures for determining a student’s rate of pay when a position has multiple rates: This position has only one rate of pay