Federal Work Study
Work Study Procedure for Application
- Submit Resume and Cover Letter indicating which position you are applying for to Anna Velasco at email@example.com.
- HR and the position supervisor will determine the top five applications after the application period has closed, and will verify financial need with the Financial Aid Office.
- Students will be given interviews to determine the best fit for the position. If student is not yet on campus, a phone or Skype interview may be arranged.
- Students will be extended an offer of work study employment or notified that they have not received the position. If an offer of work study is made, it will be documented as a Federal aid award.
Things to Know Regarding Work Study
- Work study need is evaluated after all scholarship and grant aid and before all loan aid. Employment in a work study position may reduce your overall loan eligibility.
- Students will be paid via a paycheck, and it is their obligation to use the funds towards their educational expenses (tuition, housing, books, transportation, personal expenses).
- Students may not exceed the number of hours offered to them, and are responsible for tracking their time and submitting timecards in a timely manner for processing.
Work Study Positions Available
Student Life Office Assistant
- Name of the position: Student Success Office Assistant
- Classification of the position: Office Assistant I
- Name and address of the student’s employer: John Paul the Great Catholic University, 220 West Grand Ave., Escondido, CA 92025
- Department or office in which the student will be employed: Student Success
- Location where the student will perform his/her duties: Primary location is the Student Life Office in 200 West Grand Ave.; position may be asked to perform limited tasks in other campus locations
- Name of the student’s supervisor: Debra Culbertson, Dean of Student Success
- Purpose/role of the position within the organization: Support the Student Success Department, particularly in the areas of communication and organization
- Duties and responsibilities associated with the position and how they relate to the purpose/role:
- To support communication in Student Success, duties of this position include: Facebook postings, create Survey Monkey surveys, create and post flyers for upcoming events
- Other office duties as assigned
- Rate of pay for the position: $12/hr
- General qualifications for the position: The candidate must be a full-time student at JPCatholic; the candidate should be a self-starter, eager to help fellow students, and reasonably proficient in: Word, Excel, and various forms of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The length of the student’s employment (beginning and ending dates): January 21, 2019 through March 15th, with potential continuation for Spring and Summer Quarters in 2019
- Procedures for determining a student’s rate of pay when a position has multiple rates: this position has only one rate of pay.
- Evaluation procedures and schedules: Evaluations will occur on a quarterly basis, and will be conducted during the last two weeks of the quarter or the first week of the following break. Evaluations will consist of a self-evaluation form, an evaluation form filled out by the supervisor or designee, and a one-on-one meeting between the employee and the supervisor or designee. Performance concerns will be addressed in compliance with relevant Human Resources policies and procedures.