Current open Staff positions can be found at: Staff Positions
We invite applications for the following open faculty positions.
- Professor of Stage and Screen Acting / Director, Acting program - Summer 2017
- Dean of Creative Arts and Business - Fall 2017
1. Professor of Stage and Screen Acting / Director, Acting program
John Paul the Great Catholic University is seeking to hire a full-time Professor of Stage and Screen Acting, who will also serve as Director of our Acting program. The ideal candidate will be a practicing Christian, preferably Catholic, and an experienced acting professional who has a passion for teaching remarkable young actors. Our degree program offers undergraduate actor training in all aspects of performance including stage acting, acting for film and TV as well as voice, movement and speech training. The person who fills this position will understand the transforming impact the Arts have on our culture. You will have the vision to guide and expand a premier Acting academic program and attract extraordinary faculty to form students to impact culture for Christ. You will teach courses within our existing undergraduate degree program and work to expand our Acting curriculum. You will leverage your passion, creativity and insights to forge a strong culture of performance on campus. You will encourage and mentor acting students interested in pursuing a professional career on the stage and screen. You will schedule workshops with guest artists, talent agents, managers, and casting directors to provide our students with important contacts for careers after graduation.
Essential Skills and Duties
- Teach courses on the craft of acting within our existing Acting for Stage & Screen undergraduate degree program
- Provide student academic advising and mentoring
- Manage and mentor student performance projects
- Serve on faculty committees
- Prepare outcomes assessment reports and strategic planning documents as needed
- Plan events for current and prospective students
- Assist students with securing internship opportunities
- Represent the program at industry events
Qualifications You will:
- Be a committed and practicing Christian, preferably Catholic.
- Hold an MFA or graduate degree in Acting or related discipline.
- Have 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Have a keen interest in teaching and student success.
- Have the ability to inspire and lead teams of young and aspiring artists.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly as well as juggle multiple responsibilities in a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative and entrepreneurial academic environment
- A demonstrated ability to manage - the position requires management of adjunct faculty.
- Have the ability to engage on-campus visits by professional actors, directors and designers, and to build relationships with regional theaters.
- Have a demonstrated and consistent history of creative, innovative and scholarly activity.
- Have a deep knowledge and awareness of current performing arts market trends.
2. Dean of Creative Arts and Business
John Paul the Great Catholic University (JPCatholic) is seeking a visionary leader for the School of Creative Arts & Business. The candidate will understand the transforming impact of the Arts on our culture and will have the desire to create premier academic programs, and to attract extraordinary faculty to form students to impact culture for Christ. You will have the opportunity to help us continue to build our academic programs in communications media, film, journalism, animation, acting, game art and design, and creative entrepreneurship. You will interact directly with students through teaching and influence the direction of the organization by working with faculty and administration.
- Passionate commitment to JPCatholic's mission
- Terminal degree in a relevant discipline (PhD, MBA, MFA, JD)
- Significant (10+ years) industry experience in the Creative Arts - including Design.
- Keen interest in leadership, management, teaching and student success.
- Committed and practicing Catholic
JPCatholic is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on shaping future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faith-filled Catholic campus environment. Our faculty and staff passionately support the mission and vision of the University; they transmit that passion to our students, and seek to Impact Culture for Christ. Our students have the opportunity to acquire a deep and personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Catholic ethical, moral, and social values provide a guiding compass for everything we do. Our academic vision is to create a extraordinary university for students through degree programs in communications media, business, and theology.
Send your resume/CV and a cover letter to Anna Velasco, Director of HR, at AVelasco@JPCatholic.com or to: 220 W. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. In your cover letter, you should explicitly detail how you will support the mission of the University, why you are well suited for the position, and explain your competence and commitment. Your resume should detail your professional experience as it matches the position requirements described above. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent. Please carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church here.
JPCatholic is committed to creating an atmosphere that values human diversity. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded to all individuals with respect to compensation and privileges of employment, benefits, and separation, as well as all other terms and conditions of employment.