FAQ Registrar

General Information

Students must have legal documentation (i.e., driver's license, court documents, birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports) to change their name or make a correction to the spelling of their name. To make a correction of their social security number, students must present their social security card and also their driver's license. These changes can be done in person at the Office of the Registrar.

The student can call or email the Office of the Registrar and tell them the new address and phone number, or the student can come in person to the Office of the Registrar.

According to Family Educations Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) the following directory information is the only information we can release:

  • Name of student
  • Major field of study
  • Dates of enrollment
  • Degrees & Dates conferred
  • Academic honors
  • Names, telephone numbers of current and former students, and e-mail address (for verification purposes only)
  • Student's grade level and enrollment status (undergraduate and graduate and full/part-time)


  • In order to add or drop a class, the student must obtain an add/drop form from the Registrar's Office.
  • Instructor approval is required to add or drop a class. An instructor's approval is communicated by his/her signature on the add/drop form.
  • The add/drop form will only be processed if all signatures are obtained.
  • If the student does not turn in an add/drop form he/she will not receive credit for the class. The student will also receive an 'F' in the class if he/she did not properly drop the class.

A student may drop a course before the end of the second week of instruction by filing the appropriate form with the Registrar, after first notifying the instructor and/or department. A student who wishes to drop all courses will be required to file a Request for Withdrawal form.

A course dropped before the end of the first week of instruction will not appear on the student's transcript. If a student drops a course after the end of the first week of instruction and before the end of the seventh week of instruction, the Registrar will assign a final grade of W to the student for that course.

Go to the Office of the Registrar. They will first check the student information system to make sure all of your units have been posted.

With the consent of the instructor, currently enrolled students are permitted to audit classes for free. Arrangements are made directly with the faculty member under any rules the faculty member may establish, and those auditing ordinarily do not participate in discussions, exams, or written papers.

Individuals not currently enrolled at JPCatholic and who wish to audit courses may fill out the Course Audit Application Form. The cost for such individuals to audit a course is 20% of the listed course price. Read more here.


Final course grades are entered no later than one week after the end of the term. A grade report will be mailed to the student approximately 10 business days after grades are entered.

Because of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we cannot release your grades or your GPA over the phone, through email, or fax.

Students must complete all remaining work no later than the end of the first week of classes of the following quarter (the first Friday on which classes are held). The instructor must submit the grade no later than one week following the completion of the work (the end of the second week of the quarter).

Students must submit a written petition if an extension of the deadline is sought.

The grades you receive each quarter are considered final and are rarely overturned. However, if you believe that you received a grade in error, you should discuss it with your instructor within 4 weeks after the end of the quarter.

Student may wish to repeat a course in order to demonstrate an increased understanding of course material or to improve a grade. The original grade you received for that particular class will always remain on the transcript. The class with the highest grade will be used to calculate the cumulative grade point average. You must retake the exact class. All grades will remain on the transcript.

First, make sure before each drop deadline that the courses you are enrolled for are courses that you are attending and plan on completing throughout the quarter. If you notice after the quarter ends that a course is still on your transcript/grade report with a grade of 'F', this course was never dropped.

To remove this course from your record, you must submit a written petition to the Registrar's Office.

Please visit our transcript FAQ for more information.


Enrollment verification may be provided upon request to students for the purposes of health and auto insurance, credit card application, employment application, and scholarship application. An enrollment verification usually includes the following information:

Official written verification of your enrollment or registration status can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Complete a Verification of Enrollment form. You must complete and sign the form authorizing what information may be released. Please allow 3 business days to process verifications.

You can restrict information by filling out a FERPA release form, which can be obtained from the Registrar's Office.