The Office of the Registrar maintains student academic records and issues transcripts. Student academic records are classified as confidential and may be released only with the student’s written authorization and signature, in accordance with federal law. An official transcript is a comprehensive record of all courses completed at John Paul the Great Catholic University.
Transcripts are $10.00 each. When releasing transcripts, grades will be withheld for any terms for which there is an outstanding balance.
Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received. The normal processing time is two to three business days; however, during peak times this period may be longer. Please order your transcripts well in advance of any deadlines to allow sufficient time for transit to the destination.
If you are looking for an unofficial copy of your transcripts, request a degree audit.
Before Ordering Your Transcripts
Check and clear your holds: Contact the Finance Department for questions about outstanding account balances. While students may still receive transcripts, grades will be not included on transcripts for any quarters for which there is an outstanding balance.
Verify your grades/degree status are current: If you order a transcript without checking your records and your transcript is wrong, you are responsible for reordering and paying for another transcript. Contact the Registrar to verify your status.
Please verify what method of delivery the recipient considers acceptable. If transcripts need to be resent, you will need to order (and pay) for another set of transcripts.
We do not provide emailed or electronic transcripts.
- A mailed copy is the primary method of transcript delivery, as most institutions require transcripts be sent directly from the institution of origin (JPCatholic). First class mail takes on average 2-4 days. However, delays in the post office can extend this range and are outside our control.
- Transcripts are available for pickup at the Registrar’s Office. Transcripts become unofficial if unsealed. Please be aware that many institutions do not accept transcripts if they have been in the student’s possession. The student must pickup the transcripts in person, as we do not release records to a proxy.
Submit your transcript request
Step 1: Submit Payment
Transcripts are $10.00 each:
- To pay via check or cash, include the exact amount inside the envelope containing the transcript request form or bring it by in-person.
- To pay via credit card, please call the university main line, 858.653.6740, and ask to speak with the Finance Department.
Note: The Registrar’s Office does not process payments and cannot assist with payment requests.
Step 2: Submit the Transcript Request Form
Submit the form included below, after first reviewing these instructions:
- Please print legibly.
Optional: use the annotation features built into most modern PDF readers to digitally complete most of the form.
- Sign the form.
A typed name in the signature line will not be accepted (this includes “cursive” fonts).
- Submitting by email:
- Emailed documents must be scan-quality. Photos of documents are not accepted.
- Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting by mail:
- Address envelope as follows:
John Paul the Great Catholic UniversityEnsure the envelope is addressed to the 220 address and not another building.
Attn: Registrar’s Office
220 W. Grand Ave.
Escondido, CA 92025
- Address envelope as follows: